As a follow up to my first post about living with food allergies. Here are some of my absolute favorite natural cosmetics - all of which I use on a daily basis!
1. Pit Cream. That's right, natural deodorant. This was a really tricky one. I must have tried nearly a dozen different natural deodorants. But this gem from Fat and the Moon is by far the absolute best I've ever used. It lasts all day long. Even if you do a bit of exercise. I started with their original deodorant cream, and had a bit of sensitivity, so I made my way over to the sensitive...and what can I say? Perfection.
2. Organic Hemp Oil. This is my favorite way to moisturize my body. Not only is it super high in omega fatty acids, it relieves dry skin, feels light and soft on the skin, has a lovely smell....the list goes on. Not only do I use this oil on my body, but I eat it too! I love to use this oil on salads! Currently I use Good Oil Organic Hemp Oil. A good trick if you struggle to find clean organic oils in cosmetic sections at stores as I do, is to take a stroll down the grocery isle. That's where I find mine! I mean, if you can eat it...you can definitely put it on your skin! Not into hemp? Avocado oil is another one of my favorites!
3. Cold Pressed Raw Organic Coconut Oil. It's a mouthful I know... but oh my love. I am using this in so many ways. Where do I begin? I cook with it, use it as a moisturizer, an ingredient in my homemade chap balms, and for oil pulling to name a few. Check out Wellness Mama's 101 uses for a load of other ideas.
4. Chap Balm. I adore homemade chap balm for my lips. With the food allergies, finding a chap stick that didn't give me a rash was hard. So I did a little internet searching and found some amazing recipes. It's fun, easy and doesn't take much time at all once you locate the ingredients and containers. I use raw coconut oil, beeswax, mango butter and eucalyptus oil for mine. But there are so many variations you can make. Check out Wellness Mama's Chap Recipe for tips.
5. Raw Skin Food. Allergen free face care. This was probably my most joyful find. Located in London, (but ships worldwide) Raw Skin Food creates collections of cleansing milks, toners and moisturizing balms. Overnight I watched a transformation occur on my face from using these products. You can select the collection that best suits your face type. I use the MAB Fab collection. Joy!
6. Lip & Cheek Stain. While I'm still hunting for allergen free eye makeup, this lip and cheek stain from Fat and the Moon is so magical! It's light, natural, and looks perfect on the skin.